More than 6 million third-party merchants globally support Amazon’s sales network, allowing it to sell hundreds of millions of different products to consumers worldwide. Sixty-six percent of those selling products use a wholesale sales model. To resell to customers, purchasing bulk branded products from another manufacturer, supplier, or distributor is wholesale. Popular consumer gadgets, cookware, and even popular toys are examples. Selling wholesale on Amazon in 2022 is a prosperous business prospect, but there’s a lot to learn beforehand. For more information, you can read the Zonbase Blog.
How does Amazon wholesale work?
In a nutshell, wholesale selling on Amazon entails the following steps:
- Creating an account as a seller
- Locating a high-demand item to resell
- Purchasing the item (in this case, from the brand, manufacturer, or distributor)
- Make the product available for purchase on the brand’s existing Amazon page (or create a new product detail page)
- Managing and expanding your company (including inventory, sales, etc.)
Why has the demand for Amazon wholesale increased?
- Scalability is simple.
One of the most appealing aspects of wholesaling on Amazon is the option to scale up as needed. You can quickly contact the manufacturer and place larger orders if there is a significant rise in client demand. You also don’t have to wait long for your orders to be completed.
- Reduced dangers
As a wholesaler, you’ll take on less risk in manufacturing and marketing. You don’t have to be concerned because you’re working with a fully operational production facility with a well-known brand. You don’t even need to invest in product development or research and development to launch new products. It considerably reduces the dangers.
- The customer base is already in place.
You won’t have to worry about introducing your products to your target audience if you sell as a wholesaler on Amazon. Essentially, you already have a customer base. They are already familiar with the brand. As a wholesaler, all you have to do is provide excellent processing and shipping services.
You save money on advertising and pay-per-click campaigns. You also won’t have to worry about releasing a new product line because the brand will be in charge of exposing it to the general public. So you won’t have to work hard to acquire a following; it will come naturally as part of the brand you’re working with.
Why should you sell on Amazon wholesale?
- Product demand: You can sell well-known brands that customers seek and buy. This relieves your company of the marketing burden.
- To get started quickly: Wholesale, after retail arbitrage, is the most straightforward business strategy to start. In a study of thousands of Amazon sellers conducted by Jungle Scout, 42% of wholesalers said it took them less than six weeks to get their operations up and operating.
- Profitable: 55 percent of wholesalers said they turned a profit in less than six months.
- Scalable: Instead of working on building a brand, creating listings, or other efforts that nascent firms must undertake, you may spend your time on growth, even hiring a team to manage day-to-day operations.